Student Organization Space Allocation Process 2012-2014
The University Center Allocation Board (UCAB) is charged by Student Government to develop a formal selection process, review applications for recognized student organization space in the University Center and East Campus Garage, and make recommendations to the University Center and Student Affairs staff regarding the assignment of student organization offices/spaces. In addition, UCAB will advocate and troubleshoot recognized student organizations space concerns and needs throughout the academic year. The Student Body Vice President for Organizations chairs UCAB with the advising support from Student Activities and the Director of the University Center. The type of spaces allocated by UCAB includes the following: office space and storage space (space in filing cabinets, storage cabinets, or cages in the garage).
Please Review Before Completing Application: The UCAB packet (.pdf) provides student organizations with the necessary information to apply or re-apply for student organization space in the University Center and East Campus Garage. The PDF includes: description of the membership of the Board, general application procedures, criteria for allocation of space, and a sample contract for space.
For a complete listing of student government recognized organizations, please visit the online student organization directory.
Click here to access the on-line interface to 2012-2014. Student Organization space application has CLOSED.
Please make sure that your OrgTracker profile is updated with current information, because some fields of the application will be pulled from OrgTracker. Any edits made in this application will not reflect in OrgTracker.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the UCAB committee or the Office of Student Activities (extension 8-8704 or UC Suite 103).
UCAB 2012-2014 Process Timeline:
- Thurs. 16th Applications available online
- Mon. 20th UCAB Information Session | 5 p.m. | Peter, University Center
- Thurs. 23rd Applications due by Noon
- Thurs. 8th Preliminary recommendations published and distributed to applicants
- Thurs. 22nd Appeals due by noon
- Wed. 28th-Mon. 4/2 Organizational contest/appeal meetings
- Mon. 9th Final recommendations submitted to Dean of Student Affairs, Director of Student Activities, and University Center Administration
- Mon. 16th Final recommendations published and distributed to applicants