The Office of International Education (OIE) promotes and facilitates study abroad and acts as a liaison to the University for international students, researchers, and professors. OIE provides many services. We:
- Advise international students and scholars regarding personal, immigration/visa, academic, social, and acculturation issues.
- Advise students who wish to study abroad regarding programs and options.
- Inform international students and scholars about changes in immigration regulations and about upcoming events via email and the OIE web site.
- Plan workshops on cultural adjustment, reentry issues, career planning, tax filing, and other topics.
- Support and advises international and cultural groups such as the International Student Union and the International Spouses and Partners Organization.
- Organize orientation programs for new students and scholars as well as CMU students who study abroad.
Last Updated On: September 23, 2010