Your Carnegie Mellon Card is one of the most important items you will receive during Orientation. It is your official photo identification card. It is mandatory that every student, faculty and staff member has an ID card and be able to produce it upon request. It identifies you as a member of the Carnegie Mellon community.
Your Carnegie Mellon Card will be part of your everyday campus life and is used to access the following university facilities and services:
- University Housing Residence Halls
- Computing Services, Computer Clusters/Labs
- University Libraries
- Local Port Authority Transit (bus, incline, etc.)
- Dining Services Meal Plans
- Computer Store
- University Center Retail Shops
- Plaid CashAccount
- Recreational facilities in Skibo Gym and University Center
Enrollment Services has an easy way for you to get ready to be a Carnegie Mellon student. Please visit the site http://www.cmu.edu/idplus/idphotos/index.html for more information about obtaining your Photo ID.